Sciences have been taught at the Cave Hill Campus of the University of the West Indies from its inception in 1963. The Faculty has a proud history, having evolved from the Faculty of Natural Sciences which commenced teaching at Mona, Jamaica, in 1949, and at St. Augustine, Trinidad, in 1964.
“We strive for excellence in science through teaching, research, innovation and outreach. We remain committed to the development and application of the sciences. Our aim is to contribute to knowledge, and to shape the region's destiny."